Just about every house needs gutters and downspouts. Without effective roof drainage, roof runoff will be dumped right next to the foundation. This substantial water flow can damage plants, decks, patios and exterior siding while also causing erosion. Inside the house, the basement can flood.
In addition to providing effective drainage, gutters also need to look good because of their prominent position on the exterior of the building. Many homeowners elect to replace gutters and downspouts when a house is re-roofed.
Olneya Construction and Roofing can replace your gutters with beautiful new seamless aluminum or copper gutters. Give us a call at 314.432.6100 (Missouri or Illinois), 772.222.5019 (Florida) or send us an email for a free consultation today.
GUTTER TYPES | GUTTER PROTECTION
NEW GUTTERS GREAT GREATLY IMPROVE THE APPEARANCE AND VALUE OF YOUR HOME.
We Install Seamless Aluminum Gutters in Any Length.
The term “seamless” explains the major advantage with this type of gutter: It can be custom-made to any length required, eliminating the need for seams. The magic of making seamless gutters occurs inside a gutter machine. The flat aluminum sheet that enters one end of the machine comes out the opposite end formed into the finished gutter profile. The most popular profile for seamless gutters is a “K” style gutter with a curved front edge.
Olneya Construction and Roofing can install any seamless aluminum gutter system in a variety of colors and styles to meet your needs and budget.
Benefits of Seamless Aluminum Gutters:
- A very affordable solution.
- Seamless aluminum gutters are custom-fabricated to fit your house.
- Can be manufactured in a variety of colors and sizes.
Experts in Copper Gutter and Downspout Installation Serving Missouri and Illinois.
Copper-guttersHomeowners who elect to have copper gutters and downspouts installed rarely regret this decision. Even though copper gutters and downspouts are more expensive than seamless aluminum gutters or galvanized steel gutters, copper has some unique qualities that make it exceptional.
Much like seamless aluminum gutters, copper gutters are designed with a seamless appearance and have soldered joints to help prevent leaks.
At Olneya Construction and Roofing, our roofers are fully experienced in gutter replacement and seamless copper gutter installation, helping you to upgrade the exterior of your home and protect your roof against damage caused by ice damming and clogged gutters.
Contact us today to schedule an estimate for gutter installation in St. Charles, Florissant, Ballwin, Saint Louis and all surrounding cities and towns.
Benefits of copper gutters:
- No painting, no corrosion. Copper gutters and downspouts won’t ever rust or corrode. Instead, they weather naturally to a tawny brown patina.
- Soldered joints. With other gutters, joints (at inside & outside corners) are sealed with special sealants that sometimes need to be renewed to prevent leaks. However, the joints in copper gutters are soldered together just like copper plumbing connections so you never need to worry about leaks. You never need to worry about leaks.
- Craftsmanship and quality. Copper gutters and downspouts definitely make a statement about craftsmanship and quality. Instead of blending into the roof structure like seamless aluminum gutters, copper gutters stand out, showing off their supports and their lovely patina.
Many different gutter guards are available, but which one is the best?
When the forecast calls for heavy rain, do you begin to wonder if your gutters are clean and clog-free? That’s smart because clogged gutters can overflow and cause more damage to your home.
Clogged gutter overflows can cause basement flooding, damaged siding, fascia boards, decks and patios and water leaks in your living space or could cause wood siding, sheathing, and trim to rot. All of these issues could require expensive repairs.
Installing gutter guards is one time upgrade that will not only protect your home from water damage, but also keep you off your ladder every fall. Call or email Olneya Construction and Roofing today for a free estimate.
Pros of Gutter Protection:
- Protection can be added to existing gutters.
- Protection can help birds and rodents from building nests in the gutters.
- Protection eliminates the need to clean gutters often.
- Protection prevents water from stagnating in your gutters that could back up and overflow into your home or provide a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Protection can help reduce rust and rot from the moisture and debris so gutters last longer.
Cons of Gutter Protection
- They still require attention. Gutter protection can reduce the amount of time you spend on a ladder each fall, but they aren’t completely maintenance-free.
- Cleaning is easier. Some debris can collect on top of the gutter, but cleaning the top of the guard is quicker and easier than digging into gutters and removing handfuls of gutters.
- Installation can be expensive. Gutter protection can cost more than several years of professional gutter cleaning, so it makes sense if you have a lot of trees or high rooflines making it difficult to clean.